If I do not know if the music being played in my establishment is under copyright, can I still be held responsible for copyright infringement?

Yes. As the presenter/promoter/organizer/owner/operator of a business, it is your responsibility to obtain all required authorization for the public performance of copyrighted works performed on your premises.


To Keep Up With the Latest From SESAC, Subscribe Today

Report An Unlicensed Establishment