As the owner or operator of a broadcast entity, why do I need to enter into a license agreement with SESAC?

A broadcast or other transmission of content containing copyrighted musical works to the public constitutes a public performance of the applicable musical works. Subject to some limited exceptions, one must obtain permission from the copyright holder or its agent in order to legally publicly perform a musical work. As agent for many copyright holders, SESAC grants licenses allowing broadcasters to legally public perform SESAC represented works by means of these broadcasts or other transmissions.


To Keep Up With the Latest From SESAC, Subscribe Today

Report An Unlicensed Establishment