SESAC ANNOUNCES: NYC Rising Musician Scholarship Program
Brooklyn Industries, SESAC, ReverbNation, and The MuseBox team up to support up and coming Tri-state area artists
Entries due AUGUST 25, 2011
Attention NYC-area bands! Apparel company Brooklyn Industries, performing rights organization SESAC, indie artist support site ReverbNation, and marketing & publicity company The MuseBox are teaming up for the NYC RISING Musician Scholarship Program.
The program, currently in its first year, brings together all aspects of a successful support system, from marketing to manufacturing and distribution (and more!) to create a positive network of resources for independent artists.
Bands can enter for a chance to win the Grand Prize Package at the promotion homepage:ww.nycrising.net">www.nycrising.net. A panel of judges will assess all entries and choose 25 artists to compete in the finals, where fans and friends can vote for their favorites beginning on August 25th. Those votes will determine the top 5 bands that will receive the Grand Prize Package: a comprehensive set of meaningful resources for developing local artists, including showcases at the 2011 CMJ Music Marathon and Film Festival and other area outlets, manufacturing and promotion services, and much more.
“We really want to provide a solid opportunity for up and coming local talent,” says Jamie Dominguez of SESAC. “We want to foster the creative scene and enhance the artistic community of the tri-state area. Rather than a cash prize, we are aiming to give artists from New York City and the surrounding areas some really great connections to help propel them to the next level.”
The five winning artists will receive:
• Showcase performances at the CMJ Music Marathon, Pianos, and Brooklyn Industries stores.
• Two months of Publicity & Marketing services from The MuseBox.
• Inclusion in NYC Rising email, which will be our new NY-based A&R tip sheet to industry.
• A 15% manufacturing discount at A to Z Media, a CD & vinyl manufacturing company.
• A premium prize package from ReverbNation, including a weeklong home page placement for each band, distribution package, and 1 year of free press kit hosting.
• An artist profile on partnered sites The MuseBox, SESAC, and Brooklyn Industries.
• Assistance booking NY and regional shows.
• Artist CD for sale on partnered sites (where appropriate or permitted).
• Music distribution via Brooklyn Industries stores.
• Affiliation with SESAC.
Artists must reside in the tri-state area (NY/NJ/CT), and must not be affiliated with ASCAP or BMI to be eligible for the contest.
Entries are due August 25, 2011
For more info, visit:ww.nycrising.net">www.nycrising.net
For press inquiries, please contact: email@example.com