NOW OPEN! Vanda & Young Songwriting Competition
Open to aspiring and established songwriters, the Vanda & Young Songwriting Competition provides an outstanding opportunity for a talented songwriter to make their mark, and support music therapy charity, Nordoff-Robbins.
The competition is open to all songwriters – published and unpublished, professional and amateur, local and international – across all genres. Held for the first time in 2009, the Competition raised $130,000 for Nordoff-Robbins and found winners in Megan Washington, Kav Temperley and Caitlin Harnett. Could you be one of our next winners? Find out more here.
Give your career a boost with this prize pool!
The winner will take home an incredible prize package made up of the following items and valued at over $50,000 AUD:
- $20,000 AUD cash prize
- Business class travel to London and accommodation courtesy of Showtravel valued at $10,000 AUD
- Co-writing sessions at Kensaltown Studios, London UK with the following world-class successful songwriters (depending upon availability at time of travel to the UK):
Ron Sexsmith (Michael Buble, Feist)
Martin Terefe (Train, Jason Mraz)
Sacha Skarbek (Adele, James Blunt)
James Bryan (Nelly Furtado)
Paul Herman (Dido)
- 30 Sec TV Commercial – Courtesy of XYZ Networks valued at $5,000 AUD
- Two days studio time and engineering at Studios 301 in either Sydney, Byron Bay, Stockholm or Cologne. Approx value AUD$4,499
- Online music course from Berkleemusic.com, the online extension school of Berklee College of Music. The winner will have the ability to choose any 12-week course from Berkleemusic’s extensive course catalog. Total value of this prize is $1,200 USD.
- Live gig to perform the winning song at Song Summit 2012, Darling Harbour, 26 – 28 May 2012
- 3 day pass to attend Song Summit 2012
- 2 tickets to attend 2012 APRA Music Awards, Monday 28 May 2012 (following Song Summit)
- R-09HR: High-Resolution WAVE/MP3 Recorder courtesy of Roland. Valued at $699.
Stay tuned, as there are more prizes to be announced!
Prizes will also be awarded for second and third place -
Just Announced! APRA are proud to announce our first round of confirmed judges for the Competition including Kate Miller-Heidke, Julian Hamilton (The Presets) and Josh Pyke.
View the full list of Judges>>
Enter today! Entry fee is AUD $50 per song, with all proceeds going to support Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy Australia. Entries close Tuesday the 31st of May 2011 and winner will be announced Friday the 15th of July 2011. To enter, click here.
Further information: Contact APRA|AMCOS on +61 2 9935 7878, fax +61 2 9935 7970 or email entries@VandaYoungSongComp.com